Friday, November 25, 2011

Crafting binge - aprons, tablecloth, bunting

Happy Birthday, Mary Jane! The bunting now hangs on her bedroom wall so she can celebrate all year.

I forgot to make a nice photo of the tablecloth I made for Mary Jane's parents when they moved into their new house! It's intended to work for long folding tables, so I used about 2 1/2 yards of fabric in two styles. It covered a 10-foot folding banquet table easily! And it turns out their massive, mod kitchen table is about the same size, so they'll get a lot of use out of it!

For the striped fabric, I just slit it down the middle so I could use the selvedge without hemming. It doesn't look too bad.

Mary Jane's lavender gift bag

...Filled with one of Meg McElwee's aprons, which I hand-embroidered. I made the aprons earlier in the spring. Her second book has great projects in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment